LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP OR MARITAL ISSUES
Couples often seek therapy for conflict related to communication style differences, lack of intimacy or a history of emotional trauma and hurt. Often these differences overlay some basic beliefs in how each person views themselves as partners in their relationship. Sometimes marital conflicts are symptomatic of individual relationship, intimacy and past trauma issues. These issues and differences, if unresolved can lead to a loss of enjoyment and feelings of distance, and even separation or divorce. Couples with many years together and/or children in the home may feel particularly motivated to address these issues.
- Are you feeling stuck in your relationship having unsuccessfully tried various means to resolve your issues?
- Do you find yourself getting to a point of no return?
- Do you want to rejuvenate your relationship and get closer?
- Do you see your children being adversely affected by your discord?
- Have you experienced emotional hurt and need assistance resolving and healing those hurts?
I listen to couples individual goals to help identify sources of conflict and to develop an effective treatment plan whether it means individual and/or concurrent couples work. I have 25 years of experience working with high conflict relationship issues. As a therapeutic team, I work with couples towards a goal of being able to “sit on the same side of the table” to work out issues. I initially meet with each person alone so that each of you can present your individual concerns and perspective before meeting together to finalize a treatment plan.